Great interactive games and videos for students about constitutional principles, our three-branch system of government, and voting rights. Some of these include:
- Liam Learns – 7 Principles of the Constitution – a series of video shorts on the principles of constitutionalism with teacher resources and lessons.
- Oyez, Oyez, Oh Yay! – For middle and high school students. Learn about landmark court cases and decisions and the role of the judicial system in our country.
- Check Point Powers – Grades 6-12. Test your knowledge of the powers that establish the checks and balances among the Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of government.
- Justiceville – for elementary students. Learn map reading skills as you navigate your way around the town of Justiceville. Along the way, you also learn about the functions and purposes of government.
- Separation of Powers – for grades 6-12. Decide which branch of government can exercise the state power.
- Preamble Scramble – for grades 3-8. Unscramble the pieces of the Preamble to the Constitution.
There are also lesson plans and activity ideas for teachers.