Mr Nussbaum has 87 games and numerous interactives for kids in grades K-8 to practice their basic math skills as well as pre-algebra. Most are for use on computers. Some are available in formats for iPad and tablets.
There are math games and interactives in:
- Number sense – counting, skip counting, multiples, number line
- Number operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, including interactives for helping students work through long division problems
- Number comparison – greater than, less than, equal to
- Money – counting and comparing sums
- Fractions – including mixed fractions
- Decimals – place values
- Geometry – shapes, calculation of angles
- Telling Time
- Basic word problems
- Comparison of two-sided equations
- Differentiated equations
The games are categorized by grade level, Many of the games have videos to show you how to play them. Children can print a certificate when they successfully complete a game.
If you will use a game or interactive in the classroom, I recommend you play it yourself first, on a device the children will use. I noticed a few glitches where the instructional video did not match the content, or a game did not have a help feature to assist a child if they are stuck. Functions Window is one example.
A section for parents and teachers suggests ways to support your student’s use of the interactives at home and in the classroom.
Content aside, pop-up ads often appear when moving to a new page and must be closed before viewing the content. The authors say there will be an option to block ads sometime in 2018.
An app version for iOS with about 60 of the games is available for a small fee.