Sallie Mae offers several tools to help students and parents plan for how to save and pay for college. Free registration is required to use many of the tools. They include:
- A Scholarship Search Database – matching your skills, activities and interests, with email alerts for matches.
- A College Planning Calculator – customized to your situation, that includes savings, scholarships, grants, and loans.
- A Student Loan Amount Estimator – estimating monthly payments for both current and future loans.
- An Accrued Interest Calculator – comparing the total loan cost with interest for “pay as you go” vs. deferred payment plans.
- A College Cost Calculator – based on numbers of years attending, and assuming 5% annual cost increase.
- A Future Savings Calculator – based on monthly savings and number of years before starting college.
- A Planning Date Checklist – to make sure you don’t miss important deadlines.
At Sallie Mae, we’re proud to have helped more than 30 million Americans save, plan, and pay for the education that can offer them that key. It’s a responsibility that we do not take lightly. In our 40 years we have developed responsible education loans and innovative programs to help families start saving for college.